Ubuntu advice needed.
I’ve got 25 student laptops with XP on, cock full of porn and virii that tech won’t help me with.
I am thinking lubuntu, but am open to suggestions! Feedback me!
“So this coffee we’re going to go have,” Sam says after a while.
“Uh-huh?” Steve doesn’t seem to be listening. His attention focused, instead, on tipping his head back to give Sam better access to his throat.
Sam presses his lips against Steve’s pulse point, breathing in the sweat-and-aftershave smell of his skin. “Did you have any particular place in mind?”
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! They can go for 641.3373, or to a 791.06 - go out to 791.43, or just stay in and 791.45 - which by the sound of that snippet makes me snicker over 793/4 - or just leap straight to 306.7
Which society rules say shouldn’t happen on a first date, but hey. If the 540 is there…
gosh that was fun!
This is why I’m glad it snowed here last week. It killed all the mosquito’s off.
Living in New Orleans, Louisiana, I found this statement very confusing. And then I remembered there is a whole rest of the world out there.It was super cool last night and this morning. Plenty hot today. Bugs don’t know wtf to do with themselves. Poor lady just wants to lay her eggs before time runs out, I respect that. Just… I wish it weren’t my reality :/
So, this new job of mine, it’s the best salary I’ve ever had. I am so super stoked to have MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY.
Except, they weren’t going to pay the new teachers until Sep 15, instead of the last day in August like everyone else.
Except they did pay me. $1,324.12 on the 28th. And I was all: whoa. That cannot be right.
And now there is a pending deposit of $1,500.17. And I’m still all: whoa. That cannot be right.
It’s like I’ve gone back in time to 2005, when DeKalb paid me on a bachelor’s level, not a master’s. Except now I also have an EdS, ffs.
I’m missing more than 10k/year? and that’s not even counting the 3k difference between them counting my 5 years experience and not.
I trust that we will get this straight, but fuck me if I have to wait until the end of September for the backpay. I HAVE THINGS TO BUY AND PEOPLE TO PAY BACK!!
My leg has turned into mosquito buffet. I FEEL YOUR ITCHY PAIN.
I just went room to room, spraying OFF like air freshener. It smells like summer camp up in snogland :( AND I am all jumpy now, flinching and swiping at nothing. *wallows in mutual misery*
Ugh. Mosquito IN THE HOUSE.
5 bites. What a bitch.
snogandagrope posted 10 random things and then opened it up, and since I am currently alone in the house AND I have submitted chapter five to my translation overlords, and I don’t feel like doing the laundry right this minute, I’m going to do this. BUT. I’m doing the TMI, possibly NSFW, version, so the rest is behind the cut.
WEW! SO MUCH SHARING!!!
I’m super praise motivated too, but I get a metric fuck tonne of satisfaction from pleasing. Whether that puts me in a dommy position or a subby one, it doesn’t matter. It’s the caring, the nurturing, the pleasing that does it for me, and that usually comes with praise :)
People have abused this aspect, and outright neglected it. I’m super grateful to have what I have right now, and am enjoying it!
in all my years that i have been on this earth i have not played spin the bottle once. does this mean that i’ve never actually lived? do a lot of people actually even play spin the bottle? or is its importance and prevalence stretched and exaggerated in media? these are the questions of the hour
Are teen parties with alcohol and red solo cups even real?!!?!
Has anyone ever participated in a food fight?!?
The other two I can’t confirm but I have been present for a food fight and let me tell ya, it was pathetic. One girl threw mashed potatoes at another girl, someone yelled ‘food fight’, and then nothing else happened.
Spin the Bottle is only for like, middle school parties? Very small window of opportunity before it is ‘lame.’
Teen parties, 20s parties, 30s parties, 40s parties with red Solo cups are REAL. You also can get the exotic BLUE ones, spice shit up.
I was tagged by neverrwhere! <3
1. I am a hair’s bredth away from my Wii Fit saying That’s Normal! When I started ‘playing’ she said That’s Obese, in a very disapproving tone, whenever I weighed.
2. Anti-depressants, major depression, a miserable house, a miserable making spouse, and more than is recommended steroid lumbar punctures for a couple years had me pushing 300lbs not that very long ago.
3. I have body dysmorphic disorder. I actually have no comprehension that my body is any different looking than it was then. I know it does because of the Wii Fit and my clothes don’t fit right anymore. *shrugs*
4. I’m a fast switching manic depressive.
5. I’m Service oriented. I take great satisfaction in my career as a high school librarian, providing access and protecting the privacy of these wonderful humans. I’m also Service oriented in bed, and switchy with it.
6. It actually took me fucking forever to figure out what I wanted and needed from my relationships. I let some really good people go for ridiculous reasons and kept absolute asshats for entirely too long. I’m super grateful to have a Person that is as gloriously and complimentary pervy to play with.
7. I’m bisexual.
8. I am mightily tempted by watercolor tattoos.
but a silver dragon is next. i’m that geeky gamer girl. you can’t stop me from putting Skyrim over Oblivion and making Morrowind. it’s okay if you don’t understand what i said just then.
9. I walk everywhere I can, long walks with Abby dog, long walks to food, long walks to drinks, long walks to music. I see a new beautiful house I want to live in each and every walk :) I’m so grateful to be home.
10. These images make me happy:
(sparkly penis is by bluebellglowinginthedark)
Not tagging anyone. If you want to play, tag me back, I would love to read your random facts!!
a discussion on sexual orientation
- me: *explaining various sexual orientations to a classmate*
- classmate: wait, what's polyamory?
- me: well, it's when someone has more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved.
- professor: *overhears from front of class*
- professor: that is d i s g u s t i n g
- me: *defensively* um, actually, no it's--
- professor: how DARE they put a greek prefix on a latin root like that?! What right do they have to decimate my beautiful antiquated languages?!?! GREEK AND LATIN DO NOT FRATERNIZE THIS IS LIKE THAT STUPID ROMANTIC SUBPLOT BETWEEN THAT DWARF AND THAT ELF IN THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
- me: ....
- me: ....
- me: ....
- professor: it should be polyerosy